San Juan, PR Just as we predicted, Prayathon 2012 was a rousing success as staff, volunteers, local pastors, and the whole audience came together to pray, pray pray! Prayathon started at 6:00 a.m. and ended sometime around 11:00 p.m. (See pictures below!)
Some of the highlights of this year’s Prayathon:
- About 400 phone calls, plus e-mails and a couple of faxes
- When Ed Christie came into the studio to play his bagpipes live on the air – bringing down the house with cheers and laughter! (He played “Amazing Grace” twice.
- When lightning struck and put WBMJ off the air – the very second we finished praying and interceding for a man who was wanting to take his own life. (The engineers were able to restore WBMJ only minutes later. Thank the Lord for His provision!)
- (Of course) when Pastor Cory Casterton blew his “Caribbean shofar” conch shell on the air.
- Many, many more exciting prayer requests and answers to prayer!
Thank you to all who tuned in, volunteered, brought food, and prayed with us. Special thanks to our sponsors, including
- Restaurante Aurorita in Puerto Nuevo – (787) 783-2899
- Faccio Pizza Guaynabo – (787) 731-6566
- Fruttery in Hato Rey (787) 274-8484
- Gustos Coffee – (787) 783-3263
- Mimi’s BBQ Carr. 167 Bayamón (787) 730-1881